April 24, 2022
We are so glad you've joined us today, whether you're with us in-person or watching us on our livestream! We want you to know that you matter to God, and you matter to us.
AWESOME! We are so glad you're trying us out. Can you do us a favor? Just text the word "Welcome" to 734-521-4940. We won't bomb your phone with tons of messages, we just want a chance to connect! You can also ask us any questions you might have there.
Thank You For Giving
Budgeted Giving: $177,680
Actual Giving: $165,682
as of 4/17/2022
Happening This Week:
9:30am - Sunday School
10:45am - Morning Worship Service
6pm - Evening Worship Service
7pm - Advance Young Adults
6pm - Ladies Volleyball
8am - Church Prayer Meeting
3:30 - 4:30pm: Clothes Closet Open
7pm - Awana Club, The Pointe Youth Group, Connexions Adult Bible Study
7pm - 8pm: Clothes Closet Open
6pm - IronMen
7pm - Womens Bible Study
May 7th - All Church Work Day
May 8th - Mothers Day
May 13th-15th - Mens Retreat
May 19th - Senior Luncheon
Psalm 107:2-9 NASB 1995
2) Let the redeemed of the Lord say so,
Whom He has redeemed from the hand of the adversary
3) And gathered from the lands,
From the east and from the west,
From the north and from the south.
4) They wandered in the wilderness in a desert region;
They did not find a way to an inhabited city.
5) They were hungry and thirsty;
Their soul fainted within them.
6) Then they cried out to the Lord in their trouble;
He delivered them out of their distresses.
7) He led them also by a straight way,
To go to an inhabited city.
8) Let them give thanks to the Lord for His lovingkindness,
And for His wonders to the sons of men!
9) For He has satisfied the thirsty soul,
And the hungry soul He has filled with what is good.
I declare today that the Word of God is true. I will come under the authority of the Word, regardless of my feelings, opinions, or prior beliefs. Your Word will be my sword against all that is false in the world. Your Word will never change. But I declare today that I will let the Word change me. Amen.
Micah 4:9-13 NASB 1995
9) “Now, why do you cry out loudly?
Is there no king among you,
Or has your counselor perished,
That agony has gripped you like a woman in childbirth?
10) “Writhe and labor to give birth,
Daughter of Zion,
Like a woman in childbirth;
For now you will go out of the city,
Dwell in the field,
And go to Babylon.
There you will be rescued;
There the Lord will redeem you
From the hand of your enemies.
11) “And now many nations have been assembled against you
Who say, ‘Let her be polluted,
And let our eyes gloat over Zion.’
12) “But they do not know the thoughts of the Lord,
And they do not understand His purpose;
For He has gathered them like sheaves to the threshing floor.
13) “Arise and thresh, daughter of Zion,
For your horn I will make iron
And your hoofs I will make bronze,
That you may pulverize many peoples,
That you may devote to the Lord their unjust gain
And their wealth to the Lord of all the earth.
Genesis 3:16a NASB 1995
To the woman He said,
“I will greatly multiply
Your pain in childbirth,
In pain you will bring forth children;
1 Samuel 8:4-8 NASB 1995
4) Then all the elders of Israel gathered together and came to Samuel at Ramah;
5) and they said to him, “Behold, you have grown old, and your sons do not walk in your ways. Now appoint a king for us to judge us like all the nations.”
6) But the thing was displeasing in the sight of Samuel when they said, “Give us a king to judge us.” And Samuel prayed to the Lord.
7) The Lord said to Samuel, “Listen to the voice of the people in regard to all that they say to you, for they have not rejected you, but they have rejected Me from being king over them.
8) Like all the deeds which they have done since the day that I brought them up from Egypt even to this day—in that they have forsaken Me and served other gods—so they are doing to you also.
Children of God are never without a King or Counselor.
Romans 13:1-2 NASB 1995
1) Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God.
2) Therefore whoever resists authority has opposed the ordinance of God; and they who have opposed will receive condemnation upon themselves.
Romans 13:7-8 NASB 1995
7) Render to all what is due them: tax to whom tax is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honor to whom honor.
8) Owe nothing to anyone except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law.
Being in the will of God requires constant and consistent change on our part.
Isaiah 43:19 NASB 1995
See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness
and streams in the wasteland.
Ephesians 5:1-5 NASB 1995
1) Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children;
2) and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma.
3) But immorality or any impurity or greed must not even be named among you, as is proper among saints;
4) and there must be no filthiness and silly talk, or coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks.
5) For this you know with certainty, that no immoral or impure person or covetous man, who is an idolater, has an inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.
Philippians 2:13 NASB 1995
for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure.
God is bringing us full circle back to His glorious purpose in Christ.
Psalm 97:1-9 NASB 1995
1) The Lord reigns, let the earth rejoice;
Let the many islands be glad.
2) Clouds and thick darkness surround Him;
Righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne.
3) Fire goes before Him
And burns up His adversaries round about.
4) His lightnings lit up the world;
The earth saw and trembled.
5) The mountains melted like wax at the presence of the Lord,
At the presence of the Lord of the whole earth.
6) The heavens declare His righteousness,
And all the peoples have seen His glory.
7) Let all those be ashamed who serve graven images,
Who boast themselves of idols;
Worship Him, all you gods.
8) Zion heard this and was glad,
And the daughters of Judah have rejoiced
Because of Your judgments, O Lord.
9) For You are the Lord Most High over all the earth;
You are exalted far above all gods.